First Grade Program Schedule
This is a sample schedule with approximate times that may change, depending on the teacher.
8:30 am to 3:15 pm class time
- 8:45 am – Chapel on Tuesday and Thursday
- 9:05 am – Phonics
- 9:20 am – Math
- 9:35 am – Morning Snack
- 9:50 am – Math Everyday Math curriculum
- 10:35 am – Spelling Houghton Mifflin
- 11:05 am – Reading Houghton Mifflin
- 11:35 am – Writing Journal/Phonics/ D.E.A. R.
- 12:15 pm – Lunch
- 12:50 pm – Read Aloud/Science
- 1:30 pm – Recess
- 2:00 pm – Complete unfinished work /Library/Computer
- 3:15 pm – Students are dismissed
The First Grade will be using the Science A to Z curriculum this school year.
Aftercare starts at 3:30 pm.
First Grade Students wear Wesleyan approved uniforms.
Take Home folders with Spelling/Reading books are to be brought home and returned everyday. Any homework will be placed in the folders to be brought back the next day.
At Parent Night in August, students will receive the behavior conduct forms for parent signature and information about other class policies such as the Parent/Teacher Communication Form.
Please see our tuition page for information on our First Grade Program Tuition and Before/After Care pricing.